Inpired by the amazing work that Eddy Khaou did using substance to create those Patches for Ghost Recon Wildlands (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/x5xPO), and after helping my friend Camilo Freitas (https://www.artstation.com/camiloffreitas) with a similar project i started my own substance project to study those techniques further.
Most of the trick is around the use of the Distance node + Tile Sampler going into the Vector Mask input.
Of course you can use any input. Here, i did some tests with simple TEXT node, on Procedural Logo (Tendril Logo) and one external Bipmap logo (Daft Punk Logo), just because i am a big fan of the band.
That was my first time using that technique but this is SO useful on many cases. I will use it a lot in the future !